The Indian Army has publicized SSC openings for married/unmarried male and unmarried female candidates in the Judge Advocate General Department. Online applications for this will open on 18 January 2016, and will be open until 16 February 2016 at 1700 hours.
- Name of the course: JAG Entry Scheme 16th Course APR 2016
- Number of vacancies: 14 (Men – 10, Women – 04)
- Age limit for applying: 21 to 27 years (Born on or after 02 Jul 1989 and not later than 01 Jul 1995)
- Pay & Allowances: GCs/LCs will receive a stipend of ₹21,000 per month. On completion of training, they will be decommissioned as Lieutenant and receive pay entitled to the rank.
- Minimum 55% aggregate Marks in LLB Degree. Candidates should hold three years professional experience after graduation, or five years after 10+2 examination.
- Candidate should not be ineligible for registering with Bar Council of India/State.
- Candidate’s College/University of education should hold recognition by Bar Council of India.
- Application short listing will be done initially by Recruiting Directorate, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) and the decision of DG Recruiting will be final. Shortlisted online application details will be published on the Join Indian Army website. Representations will not be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates, whose applications are shortlisted upon finding the latter correct, will be detailed for scheduled SSB interview at allotted Selection Centers.
- Selection procedure comprises two stages: one based on the psychological aptitude, which will be held at Selection Centers. All candidates will undergo stage one test on the first day that they report at the Center. Candidates who fail this will be returned on the same day.
- Upon qualifying stage II tests, candidates will be required to submit self-attested photocopies of educational documents to the selection centre, towards completion of their verification.
- Candidates qualifying SSB and found medically fit by a medical board will undergo placement in order of merit. Final selection will be done in order up to the number of vacancies, which are available at the time.
Eligible Candidates must submit no more than one application each. Online application will open on 18/01/2016 at 1000 Hours and close on 16/02/2016 at 17:00 Hours.