JAG ENTRY SCHEME 16TH COURSE APR 2016 SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (NT) COURSE FOR LAW GRADUATES MEN AND WOMEN
The Indian Army is looking for the best and the brightest LAW GRADUATES Married/Unmarried men and Unmarried women for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Dept.
Online applications have been open from 03 AUG 2015 AT 1000 HRS and will be closed on 02 SEP 2015 at 1700 HRS.
Men – 10, Women – 04.
Conditions of Eligibility
- Nationality. Must be a Citizen of India.
- Age Limit. 21 to 27 years (Born between 02 Jan 89 and 01 Jan 95)
Note :- The accepted date of birth is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no further request for its change will be entertained.
Educational Qualification. Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination). The candidates should be eligible for registration with Bar Council of India/State. Candidate should be from a College/University recognized by Bar Council of India.
- Height & Weight:- The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight and for women candidate is 152 cm and 42 kg. For candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height is relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height is reduced by 2cms.
- Visual Standards. For male candidate distance Vision (Corrected) better eye 6/6 and worse eye 6/18. Myopia should not be more than 3.5D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5D including Astigmatism. For women candidates the minimum acceptable visual acuity are Distant Vision(corrected) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 5.5 including Astigmatism. Internal examination of the eye will be done by means of ophthalmoscope to rule out any disease of the eye. A candidate must have good binocular vision. The colour vision standard will be CP-III. A candidate should be able to recognize red and green colours. Candidates who have undergone or have the evidence of having undergone Radial Keratotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. In order to detect PRK/LASIK all the candidates at SMB will be subjected to the measurement of Axial length by A-Scan 2 biometer. Candidates aged 20 years or above who have undergone Laser Surgery for correction of refractive error will be considered for commission in Army If they fulfill following criteria :-
- (i) Uncomplicated stable LASIK/Excimer (PRK) laser procedure done for. Myopia or Hypermetropia, with stable refraction for a period of six months after the procedure.
- (ii) A healthy retina.
- (iii) Corrected vision should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye, with maximum residual refraction of : ± 1.50 in any meridian for myopia or hypermetropia.
- (iv) Axial length within permissible limits.
- Tattoo Policy. For details on the Tattoo policy, please check the below article
- To pass fit, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duty.
- Prospective candidates are advised to exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at Officer’s Training Academy (OTA), Chennai. In order to be able to adjust to the regime there candidates are advised to achieve following standards before joining the OTA, if finally selected:-
- Running 2.4 Km in 15 minutes.
- Push up – 13 Nos.
- Sit ups – 25 Nos.
- Chin ups- 6 Nos.
- Rope climbing – 3-4 meter.
Note:- Candidates withdrawn from IMA/OTA/Naval Academy/Air Force Academy on disciplinary ground are not eligible to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
(a) Applications will only be accepted online on website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in”. Visit the website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in”.
(b) Click on ‘Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration.
(c) Follow onscreen instructions for registration. After registration, your profile will open. Click on ‘Apply Online’ to process.
(d) Your registration details will confirm your eligibility to apply and proceed with the application as per onscreen instructions.
(e) Before submitting the application check all the entries made and save the application. After submitting, take two copies of the printout and the Roll Number generated by the system.
Documents to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidate duly self attested:-
(a) One copy of the Print out of application form duly signed and self attested photograph affixed.
(b) Copy of Matriculation or equivalent certificate for proof of age.
(c) Copy of 12th Class Certificate & Marks sheet.
(d) Copy of Graduation Degree/Provisional Degree (in case of three years LLB after graduation).
(e) Copy of LLB Degree/Provisional Degree.
(f) Copy of Marks sheets of all years/Semesters.
(g) Copy of registration with Bar Council of India/State/Certificate from college/University that the LLB Course in the said institution is recognized by Bar Council of India.
(h) All above mentioned certificates are required in original. Originals will be returned after verification at the Service Selection Board itself. Any candidate who does not carry the above documents for the SSB interview, his candidature will be cancelled.
(i) The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. There is no need to send any hard copy to Directorate General Recruiting.
Candidates must submit only one application. Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature.