The Indian Army is inviting applications from eligible candidates to join Territorial Army as an officer. The candidate should be Ex-Armed Forces Commissioned officers. Candidates who are eligible can apply online in the prescribed format. The last date to apply is January 31, 2017.
Dates To Remember
- Last Date To Apply: 31 January, 2017
- Interview Date: April 2017 (Dates will be communicated later and the date of interview shared here is liable to changes)
- Only Ex-service officers are eligible to apply
- Nationality: Male candidates with Indian citizenship
- Age Limit: 18 to 42 years of age on the date of application
- Physical Standards: The candidate should be physically and mentally fit in all respects
- Educational qualification: Candidate should be a graduate from any recognized university
It should be noted that serving members of the Army, Air Force, Navy, Police, Para Military, CRPF, and like forces are not allowed to apply for the posts.
Ex-service officers who are planning to apply for the ASB interview should make sure that they fulfill all the stipulated conditions for the post. Admission to all stages of the interview is provisional subject to satisfying the conditions. In addition to that, issue of admission certificate for the interview does not imply that the candidature is cleared by the authority.
How To Apply
All willing Ex-service officers can download the application form from the official website of Indian Army free of cost. Duly filled application form should be sent to Additional Directorate General Territorial Army, Integrated Headquarters of Ministry Defence, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi-110001, together with a Xerox copy of the release order and related medical board proceedings.
Ex-service officers who are planning to apply should understand that no change of date of interview would be permitted once scheduled. The Territorial Army Directorate will issue a call letter to the candidates who are eligible to attend the interview, sent by post. Ex-service officers who are shortlisted will undergo a medical examination to be held at Armed Forces Clinic, New Delhi. The medical examination will be followed by Police verification for the final selection.
Selected candidates will be commissioned in the rank of Lieutenant in the Indian Army. Allowances and privileges will be same as regular Army officers.