- Female candidates who are unmarried/divorcee/legally separated or widow without encumbrances.
- Nationality – Indian
- Date of Birth – Between 01 Aug 91 to 31 Jul 99 (both days inclusive).
- Educational Qualification – Should have passed the XII standard / equivalent examination, as a regular student in all the subjects ie PCB as elective subjects and not optional and vocational (in both theory and practical) and English, in FIRST ATTEMPT from a recognized Board/University, with minimum of 50% aggregate marks (PCBE). Those who have passed such examinations as private students or with compartment in any subject or candidates from open schools are NOT ELIGIBLE. Candidates who will be appearing for final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply provisionally. The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite subjects and marks before joining the course.
- Physical standards – Medical fitness will be determined as per standards applicable for commission in the Armed Forces. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen & pelvis) will be done. Minimum height should not be less than 148 cm (relaxed by 5cm in case of north East candidates). Details of medical standards can be seen in the Indian Army website
- www.indanarmy.nic.in or www.indianarmy.gov.in
Eligible applicants will be called for an objective type written test of 90 minutes duration, covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence, likely to be held in Feb 2016.Candidates as per merit on the basis of written test will be called for interview during Apr 2016. Final selection will be based on combined merit of written test & interview, subject to medical fitness. Admissions to Colleges of Nursing/Schools of Nursing will be offered in accordance with the merit cum choice subject to vacancy in each College/School of Nursing.
After the interview, the recommended candidates will appear for medical examination before a Special Medical Board (SMB). Candidates declared FIT/UNFIT will be informed by the President of the Medical board including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD
Written Examination Centres :
Bangalore, Chandimandir, Chennai, Danapur, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Secunderabad, Thiruvananthapuram , Ezhimala (Cannanore) and Wellington.
How to apply:
- The online application will be hosted on the www.joinindianarmy.nic.in web site. The procedure for filling up of the application form, generation of challan, admit card & subsequent call letters for interview will be available on the same website.
- Candidates may apply online only through www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Online application will be accessible from 01 Dec 2015 to 30 Dec 2015 .(Including the Challan submission and completion of the online submission of application)
- Eligibility of the candidate will be known while submitting the online application itself.
- The candidate’s E-mail ID is the user ID for this website and the candidate will select their own password. Please provide all details accurately.
- The Eligible candidates will only be able to generate a Bank Challan of Rs 150/- in favour of DGAFMS Examination Board Fund State Bank of India, Central Secretariat, New Delhi Account Number 10314223097, IFSC code No. SBIN 0000625 from the system for making the payment in any SBI Branch.
- After making the payment in the bank the candidate will log in to the website and enter the challan Journal number given by the SBI branch where the cash is deposited, to complete the online submission of application.( The last date for online submission of the Challan No will be 30 Dec 2015. No challan will be accepted after 30 Dec 2015).
- The admit card for the written test can be generated only online by the candidate wef 02 Feb 2016.
Physical Standards for B.Sc. Nursing / GNM Course
Opportunities for Women in Indian Army
Army Nursing Service – About
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc.(Nursing)/General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM) Course
Official Notification – Admission to B.Sc.(Nursing)/General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM) Course, 2016